Singapore Squash Rackets Association (SSRA)
General Description of Duties
The Events Executive will be responsible for delivering a diverse annual calendar of events for the SSRA. Additionally, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing and public relations plans, and maintenance of the SSRA web portal.
This position also facilitates in relationship development for sponsorship/business arrangements, between individuals and organizations interested in supporting SSRA’s events and activities. As such, the Events Executive will work in coordination on other projects as assigned by the General Manager to attract funding for the SSRA.
Reporting to the General Manager.
Preferably 1 to 2 years’ experience in a paid special events, marketing and website management position. Evidence of successful event, sponsorship, marketing, public relations, website and business development/relationship programs would be an advantage.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, implementation and follow-up for all events and tournaments.
- Develop and maintain event and volunteer databases.
- Manage all aspects of volunteer committees and volunteer coordination, including but not limited to, staffing, recruitment, supervision, training and acknowledgement.
- Coordinate event logistics, publicity, including public relations, advertising and collateral material design, production and distribution.
- Responsible for the development and fulfilment of all events and marketing budgets.
- Responsible for prize and in-kind donation solicitations for each event.
- Cultivate and expand sponsorship development and fulfilment.
- Cultivate and implement with the General Manager a business-based donor development program.
- Supervise and coordinate with event vendors.
- Annually develop and implement marketing plans and materials.
- Write, submit and follow-up to ensure placement on press releases and stories to established contacts with local and regional media.
- Maintenance of website.
- Broaden social networking to benefit the organization.
- Establish and expand merchandise opportunities.
- Actively participate in staff committees as necessary and appropriate.
- Other duties as directed and required.
Singaporean / Permanent Resident
Diploma/degree with a minimum 1 to 2 years related work experience, preferably with a non-profit organization but not necessary. Communication, marketing and/or public relations experience preferred.
Interpersonal and Written Skills
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Ability to write a business letter, an article, and a press release.
Comfortable and competent in making presentations to groups.
Strong diplomacy and a good sense of humour are a definite advantage.
Strong Project Management Skills
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Other Skills and Abilities
Position requires demonstrated applied skills in word processing, website maintenance and other computer software, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and the ability to learn fund raising and web design management software. Ability to work independently without direct supervision in a small office environment is required.
Based on experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the above position, please email us an updated copy of your resume.
Email address: Benson@sgsquash.com
Closing date: 30 April 2016
Closing date: 30 April 2016